Monday, May 02, 2011

Thankful

Well, just like that, the First of May has come and gone. It was my husband's birthday this Labor Day, while I went off to rehearse for Prague Playhouse's upcoming musical, You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown.  Why don't you come round and watch the show?

Here's the link -

http://pragueplayhouse.com/charliebrown/cast-crew/

Anyhoo, so here we are. Three minutes past midnight, 02 May 2011.

The early spring flowers have come and gone, replaced by the wild blossoming of purple flowers all over trees across Prague and Munich, the latter in which I spent my Easter weekend just a week ago.

Husband snoring in bed, desperately tired and fighting the flu on his big day.

My birthday coming up in 28 days.

And just like that, it's been more than 60 days since I arrived in this beautiful and old city.

Where do I begin?

Today I had a moment, while standing backstage at rehearsal, waiting for my cue, when I realized that life is not so bad after all.

Sometimes, I think I'm just too hard on myself, you know?

But to be transplanted and to find yourself in a completely different country on the other side of the world, and to find yourself working your life's passion still, 60 days upon arrival, is really not so bad.

Yes, so I'm not Julia Roberts, Box-Office-Queen.

But here I am, working with other dedicated actors, working to create something, and what we're chiseling away at is actually coming together, beginning to show some form.

Not only that, but my husband takes care of me.

I worry for no necessities in life - paying rent, a roof over my head, food on the table - nothing of the sort.

Sometimes I see people in wheelchairs getting on the Metro, and this also reminds me about how good I've got it.

All I worry about is how I'm going to get my hands on that leather jacket I "need," or what job to look for or take on because I "need" to "occupy my mind."

But how God takes care of me, how my faith is so deep and so strong that I won't have to worry for life's basic necessities, that they fall at my lap, and all I have to worry about is how best to occupy my time to be the best person I can be with the time God has given me.

No comments: