Monday, May 23, 2011

And just like that.

And just like that, it's suddenly the 23rd of May.
Just like that, and in two days time, I would have been in Prague an entire 90 days already.
It feels as if I had just auditioned and just gotten cast for Prague Playhouse's You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown!, looking ahead to the six short weeks of rehearsal we had before us.
But just like that, eight weeks have passed since, and already, we've concluded our six-and-something performances at Male Vinohradske Divadlo.
I just realized that I am not sure if my blog is viewable to the public, and I hope it is, because as I write as therapy for myself, there is something about having an audience I do not know who may find themselves either nodding to what I'm saying, or at least strongly disagreeing to it, so long as there is an audience out there sharing my thoughts and experiences with me.
The spring is already yielding itself to a warm and golden Prague summer, and for the first time this weekend, I found myself stepping out in my flip-flops, and oh what joy. I hadn't stepped into my rubber slippers since I'd left Manila in February!
The possibilities are endless, as I find work, and find myself holding down two part-time jobs while I try to pursue my dream career of announcing/acting/writing.
The possibilities are endless.
Why be held down with only one thing, just for the sake of stability, but forgetting your dream, or giving up that which God designed you for?
And just like that, just a mere snap of the fingers, a mere night's sleep, and suddenly, it's the 23rd of May, and only seven days to my 31st birthday.
There. I've said it, what my real age is. 
And I don't know if there are maybe only five people ever bothering to read what I'm writing here, or if I'm lucky, and there are 15 other people reading this, but at least maybe we don't know each other, and I can admit that I am about to go past the number 30.
But the possibilities are endless, and no, it's not a typo when you see me repeating that, because it's true, the possibilities really are endless, and I think you find that out when you take a gigantic leap of faith, find that out when you leave a nice career behind in a place you've known as home all 30 years of your life, pack up, and go try your luck somewhere else completely different, to greet the lure and the promise of the Unknown and Adventure, and to be with the person you are committed to spending the rest of your life with.
One can be an actress. Or an announcer. One could have been a one-time model, or a part-time writer. But one can also become a book-keeper, or an English teacher, and who knows what else is out there for you.
The possibilities are endless, and who is to know what will be truly right for you, the best fit, unless you go and try it?
I hope you don't think I'm just rambling on here. Perhaps I am steeling myself, as I face uncharted territory, and make a new life for myself in a place far from home, and make this a new home.
Let's post photos in our next blog entry and just stare at food.

No comments: