Friday, January 13, 2012

Things I Just Don't Get

Okay, things I just don't get.
Why it was that people started deciding that Emma Stone was hot.
Really???
I think she's a great comedian, but she's definitely no Sofia Vergara.
I don't know which people in the media started depicting her as some attractive siren.
God bless her heart, but what is wrong with the world? And people's tastes?

The other thing I don't get is why that Vietnamese baby the gay couple adopted in Modern Family has progressed from looking really Asian, to looking whiter and whiter and more Eurasian/Amerasian, than actually full-on Asian (see the changes "Lily" from Seasons 1 and 2).

Are these producers trying to look politically-correct by bringing in an Asian character into the story, but are in reality, racist, since that Asian character has, over the the episodes I've seen, grown whiter in skin tone, and browner in hair color?

What is going on, and why don't people see this???

No comments: