Thursday, July 14, 2011

In the middle of the square

It just hit me. Wenceslas Square in Prague is like the equivalent of sitting in the middle of Madison Square Park in New York, or Herald Square park on 34th & 6th next to Stella Adler School of Acting.
Pigeons and all sorts of people – mostly tourists – a couple of crazies going through the garbage.
Anticipating this morning since yesterday was daunting, felt almost like it was going to be impossible. I reminded myself about that saying that when all seems impossible, you just try to live life one day at a time, and you’ll manage. And manage I have. I survived the class I had to teach this morning – the first Film Club class I had to teach – (I had to be at the school by 7am to get the teaching materials and make it to the class some 30 minutes away that started at 8am) -
And suddenly my 16:00 class is cancelled but I still get paid for it.  How great can it get.
It’s mid-day, and the middle of the square is just too enticing for me to pass up.
So here I am basking in the sun, Renee Olstead playing on my ipod (you need a soundtrack to life, right) sun shining, staring at passersby, and just enjoying surviving what I thought was gonna be an impossible morning, and suddenly finding my afternoon free but paid for.
Rest.
Sunlight and warmth and good weather.
Couldn’t have put me in better spirits.
Even if I’ve only got 50 crowns in my pocket at the moment.

No comments: